The network for professionals
I have received an overview about the location of the 238 Million wordwide users directly from Linkedin. Since we have quite a strong local professional network called XING in Germany, you don’t see so many German users around.
Linkedin Company Information
(taken from http://press.linkedin.com/about)
- LinkedIn’s founders are Reid Hoffman, Allen Blue, Konstantin Guericke, Eric Ly and Jean-Luc Vaillant. LinkedIn started out in the living room of co-founder Reid Hoffman in 2002.
- The site officially launched on May 5, 2003. At the end of the first month in operation, LinkedIn had a total of 4,500 members in the network.
- The company is publicly held and has a diversified business model with revenues coming from talent solutions, marketing solutions and premium subscription products.
- Headquartered in Mountain View, Calif., LinkedIn also has U.S. offices in Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Omaha and San Francisco. International LinkedIn offices are located in Amsterdam, Bangalore, Dubai, Dublin, Hong Kong, London, Madrid, Melbourne, Milan, Mumbai, Munich, New Delhi, Paris, Perth, São Paulo, Singapore, Stockholm, Sydney, Tokyo and Toronto.
- LinkedIn is currently available in twenty languages: English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Tagalog and Turkish.
- LinkedIn has more than 4,200 full-time employees with offices in 26 cities around the world. LinkedIn started off 2012 with about 2,100 full-time employees worldwide, up from around 1,000 at the beginning of 2011 and about 500 at the beginning of 2010.
- LinkedIn operates the world’s largest professional network on the Internet with more than 238 million members in over 200 countries and territories.
- Professionals are signing up to join LinkedIn at a rate of more than two new members per second.
- Sixty-five percent of LinkedIn members are located outside of the United States.
- There are over 30 million students and recent college graduates on LinkedIn. They are LinkedIn’s fastest-growing demographic.
You may see Detlev on de.linkedin.com/in/detlev and if you like, get in touch with me, leave me some words or write a recommendation.