Instagram did a big update today. Now you are able to use the picture tool within any normal browser. Until today, you need another tool or just your mobile phone app to keep an eye on your Instagram feed.
Instagram says that it’s “about producing photos on the go, in the real world, in realtime.”
The new web tool
You can like and comment on photos, though, and take advantage of a responsive design that lets you narrow the site to a single column more reminiscent of the mobile app.
A first look
After my first look at the web application, I’m a bit disappointet, as you are only able to like other pictures and you CAN’T upload any picture to your collection.
Statigr.am offers a lot more as the new Instagram web frontend. With this tool you are able to
- PROMOTE your Instaram account outside Instagram
- MANAGE your community on a user-friendly platform
- ANALYSE your activity through professional statistics
- ENGAGE your community with photo contests
In brief, communicate through photos more efficiently. (take from the Statigram Website)
With Webstagram you can:
- View photos of the people you follow
- Like and Comment on photos
- Follow and Unfollow other users
- See your followers and following
- Browse popular photos/tags/users
- Get your RSS feeds
- AND MANY OTHER STUNNING FEATURES…!
What I love
The powerful statistic function on Statigram creates a wonderful overview of your activities. You may as well brows for the most used tags and create yourseld monthly reports (if you like reports at all).
Which one do you prefer
Tell me here on detart. blog your opinion to the different tools. Or do you use another one?